Sunday, October 9, 2011

Worlds Collide

Ooops- before I got to the fall, I needed to update on our trip to Tempe!

Every Summer we take a trip with our college students to a destination to share the gospel and to see church planting up close and personal!  This year, because our dear friends just moved to start a church in Tempe, Arizona we decided to go and be there for the launch of their church!  I have been doing these trips for years, but this one held a special place in my heart for various reasons.  One, it was some of my closest friends that recently moved from Boston to Arizona  and it was a joy to go and be with them as they are living out God's calling in Tempe.  And secondly, it was significant to travel back to the homeland, where family and friends are to extend God's kingdom!  It was a colliding of worlds, but was a lot of fun!


I went out a few days early to spend some quality time with my family!  We had a throw back weekend and went camping- some families go to Europe or Disneyland for family vacation- we went camping- twice a year, every year growing up!  I have a deep love for camping with my family!  


Lindsay, Mom and I went on a hike!  What we thought was a light walk turned into a 5 1/2 mile journey!  We made it tho- closer on the other side! 

Games, Games and more Games!  

mogion rim, arizona!  

Love these guys!

Beginners luck?! Nah- BEST. GAMER. EVER. 

Praise God for parents who can grill!  We ate better camping than I do most days in Boston!  I love home cooking! 

Missed ya bro!  You were not forgotten!  
I went out a few days early to spend some quality time with my family!  We had a throw back weekend and went camping- some families go to Europe or Disneyland for family vacation- we went camping- twice a year, every year growing up!  I have a deep love for camping with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment